Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 3 May 2012

What I Am Wearing - My First Bespoke Suit!



I have finally received my first bespoke suit and I absolutely love it!! There is quite a long story behind getting it, however I really can't divulge too much on that but let's just say that it was a collaboration of artisans that put it together. This means, that it was cut by Chittleborough & Morgan (hence the wide lapel influence from Tommy Nutter), and then put together by a trouser maker at Huntsman and a jacket maker at Gieves & Hawkes....the beauty of being positioned on The Row.... As you may be able to see it was made of a navy flannel, something that I won't get to wear too many more times before summer hits. So, at first chance of some cold weather, I decided to put it on, take some snaps and show all of you. However it was going to be a rainy day, and for the sake of not ruining my nice brown shoes, I decided to go with my black Hugo Boss loafers. But this was my downfall....as I later realized that by doing this, I was participating in the act that I love to hate: seeing men wearing beautiful suits with non-correlating shoes, aka crap shoes. While not saying that my shoes are really crap, but next to a bespoke suit, they are. I instantly regretted it but couldn't really do anything about it so sucked it up and promised to never do it again..... And I just want to thank all of those that purchased my old shoes, because the money you exchanged me for them, went straight to this suit, something that I will cherish for the rest of my life!


0 comments:

Post a Comment