Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 12 April 2012

What I Am Wearing



One of the biggest perks about working at a tailor's shop (apart from the amazing alterations that I manage to sneak in) is the fact that I get to take part in some of the best deals, like sample sales and private sales for the staff. Recently there was a sale for all of the staff of G&H of which they were offering some of the archival pieces from their military collection. A lot of this stuff was bespoke made and aged in range from 5-50+ years. It was on a first come first serve basis, so I managed to get in early and nab a couple of brilliant pieces such as this double-breasted naval blazer. Luckily for me, none of the insignia that typically adorns naval clothing was affixed to the jacket, so there were minimal alterations, especially considering the fact that it was as if the gentleman that they made it for was identical to me, only from the 1970's. Nevertheless, I have been very fortunate in my time here with being able to acquire some lovely clothing, and I must say that it has been a great pleasure having this advantage! (Sorry don't mean to rub it in...)

Shoes: Septieme Largeur
Blazer: Gieves & Hawkes
Trousers: H&M
Shirt: TK Maxx brand
Tie: XMI 




0 comments:

Post a Comment