Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Today's Favorites - Black Shoes






Two Above: Corthay (Pictures Courtesy Of: Leffot)


Boot Above: Carreducker


Shoe Above: Dimitri Bottier

Today, one of my readers told me that he was under the impression that I was anti black shoes and disagreed with me on that regard. While I assured him that it was not the case, I understood why he may have been under that impression due to my recent writing as well as some in the past. So for the rest of you who may have believed the same, let me set the record straight.

I believe that a black dress shoe in an essential piece in every man's wardrobe. What I do not agree with is the heavy emphasis that many people (and societal thought) put on owning black shoes and their necessity for business attire. A black shoe is not the end-all-be-all shoe. It's not the most versatile shoe and it's not the most important in a man's wardrobe. These opinions (which some people claim as fact) are what I have trouble with. I love a black shoe, if it can set itself apart from the rest. But your average black cap or apron toe that every business man in the States, England and quite possibly any other metropolitan area in the world, is just plain boring and inconsequential.

So to back up my point of liking black shoes, I have displayed some here that I find quite appealing. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment