Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday 12 February 2011

Shoes Of The Week







One of the coolest things about this shoe, which might seem insignificant to many, is the fact that it is a derby but has the appearance of an oxford (at least to me). This is important for me because I am not the biggest fan of derby's. Not that I don't like them, but 9 times out of 10, I would choose to own an oxford if given the choice. What's also great about these Zukie shoes is the fact that Mr. Hare has created something so simple but at the same time unique and different, which is always refreshing in the shoe industry due to the bombardment of crap that one see's on a daily basis. What's a shame is that I could not get the coolest colorway of these shoes from his site because for some reason it would not save properly on my computer. But if you click on the link I have provided (on Mr. Hare above) you will see this shoe in a dark teal suede which just might take-the-cake for coolest shoe of February.

What I really admire about Mr. Hare (because we have the same vision) is the fact that he was one day tired of the crap that he saw on the shoe shelves, not being able to find something unique and decided to do something about it. And what did he do? He started his own line where he could create things he liked. How cool is that! What's even better, is that luckily there were a bunch of other people who also liked his designs, allowing him to prosper in the shoe industry.

Anyway, here is one of the styles that he has coming out for Spring/Summer 2011. To see more, check out the site!

0 comments:

Post a Comment