Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 19 June 2011

My Shoes #22 - Bobbies Loafers

When I saw these for the first time, I just knew that I was going to have to own them. I mean, they are completely ostentatious, but that's what makes them great!! Where else are you going to see a pair of bow ties affixed to a pair of shoes? You have to love French shoe brands, such as Bobbies, because they sure know how to make things stand out, but in a good way, at least in my mind.

So as I work on a daily basis on Savile Row, home of the conservative British gentleman, you can imagine the kind of stares and thoughts that were going through many people's head the first time that I wore them. It's great too, because many of them think that I am just some crazy American youngster, but that's alright because I am confident of my own personal style. I know that many of these men wished they had the balls (excuse my French) to pull these off and instead of saying so, they judge me to fit in. And I know that many men feel this way for fear of what other people think about them, especially other men, which boggles me as to why they would even care in the first place. Not that it ever bothered me either way, but I would rather be worried about what the ladies thought, rather than the men, and let me tell you that all of the women that I work with complimented me on the shoes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment